We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
Wake up... it's over. Now the hard work of defending the Republic must begin in earnest, at home. Work, work hard, and keep what you can for your family. Do not yield an inch to the government.
"The unconscious democracy of America is a very fine thing. It is a true and deep and instinctive assumption of the equality of citizens, which even voting and elections have not destroyed." - G.K. Chesterton, 1922
Ok, ok. Now that this "Made in Hollywood and Chicago" charade is complete let us really--well and truly--seek for the best strategy to prevent this from ever happening again.
For me it is that we must begin to form small local committess in every county of this land. Committees that will do this:
1. Draft laws, and see that they are enacted--these laws are to destroy all "voting machines". We must get back to hand counted ballots; whether they are mailed in or walked in does not matter. What matters is how they are counted and the voter him/herself certified.
2. We must form local groups willing to receive the complaints and support the wellbeing of "whistleblowers". Those who complain about the corruption in government and education.
3. We must cut ourselves free from corruption wherever we find it. We will not find it waiting for local newspapers to do the investigation--that process has been destroyed. We must ourselves become the investigators and reporters of events that are corrupt.
4. We must leave aside the focus on abortion, we can only reasonably demand that late term abortion be denied. Otherwise we must acknowledge pro-choice.
5. We must come up with a fully complete energy plan this is designed to be the "Best design".. Not just power politics over powerful corporations, etc. ad nauseum. WE MUST DESIGN an integrated solution to energy. That is to say it is reasonable to demand that every building in any commercial zone be topped with some sort of solar collection ability--after all the Chinese can do it.
6. Speaking of the Chinese we must demand to know ALL, ALL, ALL, inputs they have into our government.
7. With regard to putting down Christianity--we must agree upon a code of ethics. For 2,000 years it has been understood that those 10 were the best strategy. If you ridicule Christianity then we must be free to ridicutle the others--Judaism, and Muslim alike.
8. We can only weaken the system they have been crafting for 40 years by acknowledging that we need to develop another, stronger, more rational understanding of current issues. WE have never done that. DRILL, DRILL, DIG, DIG Baby is not the answer to energy problems.
How are we going to put in place in every community of this country a resource group, a watchdog group with the courage to report lies and corruption in our schools, in our governments, and in our newspapers? That is where we begin. We do not begin by ridiculing Christians.