I have liked making money since I was a kid. Still do. Finding honest and satisfying ways to make money has always been an interesting and amusing part of my life. Bird Dog asked me the very simple and direct question of why making and saving money pleases me.
- It gives me choices
- It makes me feel secure and independent to have it
- I can take interesting trips
- I can buy toys if I want to (but being able to afford them makes me covet most things less - it's what I
term the "choice effect.")
- I can feed the wife's horses and dogs
- I was made to work. Always thought resting was for the grave. Love working on anything, from a complex tax-dodging trust to a tractor carburetor. Compensation is the icing on the cake.
- I can provide a nice environment for the family
- I can educate the kids - and help with the grandkids - without taking charity or other people's hard-
- I can give plenty of money away for causes that matter to me
- I can have fun fussing and worrying about my goofball investments
- I can enjoy work more if I don't have to work, and I don't need to go into a depression when the barn
needs painting or when the tractor breaks
- I can buy some art that I like to look at
How's that for starters?