You can't go to Europe. You can't rent an RV - or even buy one right now due to demand. Very tough to find a runabout boat this year. Many hiking areas are closed. National parks are open, but state parks are iffy.
I am hearing ideas from people. Skill-building is good. New things are good.
- Take an adult driving course. I mean on a track, not on the road. Learn to really drive safely like a pro.
- Learn to camp. REI or Outward Bound. If you want to try roughing it, best to learn how first, or it will not be much fun.
- Make a fitness and nutrition program and get in perfect shape.
- Get your physical exam - doctors have time right now. Dermatology check too. This summer, doctors in most places have nothing to do, believe it or not.
- Take day hiking trips. Nothing wrong with Motel 6. Better than a tent. Around here, the White Mountains.
- Plan a pizza party for friends once/week. Reconnect with cheap pizza and Corona (with lime). Lime prevents corona.
- Find a shooting range or shooting school. Handguns, rifles, and shotguns are great fun and basic life skills. So are fly-fishing lessons, but it's late in the season for actually catching fresh water fish.
- Take some riding lessons. Is handling horses a basic life skill? Maybe. Any new skill is worthwhile.
- Take a boating course or sailing course. Water is wonderful.
Please add your Summer 2020 life-enhancing ideas in the comments