We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
Terrific sketch, Sippy. Pretty much said it all. Me, I keep a Dustbuster nearby to sweep up the pixel dust, although sometimes I have to wonder if I'm being environmentally incorrect by not recycling it.
A few observations:
- Obviously, you're new to this "blogging" thing. An old pro would have put "small pillow" where "Forehead dents" goes.
- So, still using an old CRT monitor, I see. What are ya, cheap? Or do you somehow equate "conservative monitorship" with "conservative values"? I don't claim to be taking sides on the issue. (dust bunnies are only found behind CRT's -- LCD's are on pedestals and dust bunnies don't collect)
- You...have your mouse pad turned vertically, rather than horizontally? Is this act of rebellion on your part indicative of that core essence that makes for the true independent blogger? Again, I'm not making any judgments here, but when one strikes out against the Establishment in such a profound manner, well, I think that says something about the guy. I'm going to start reading your site and I'll be expecting this same kind of wild "turn the issue 90 degrees" attitude in your articles.
- If there's a "flotsam", isn't there supposed to be a "jetsam"? Isn't this a form of "nautical racism" on your part? Can we expect this inherent proclivity of yours to pervade all of your writings? Has "fair" left the blogosphere??
- I would only argue your positioning of the "ghost of lunches past." I thought that stuff went in between the keys of the keyboard -- or maybe that's coffee. Or both.
- Lastly, we note that the computer tower is missing from the picture. If it's sitting on the floor, get it OFF the floor and onto a small table. There's much more dust down near floor level and it'll cover the circuitry on the motherboard and make everything run hotter, and heat is the bane of electronics.
Well, I'll be heading over to your site now, looking for more signs of nautical racism. If I see any, I'll be sure to let you know. The sharing of ideas -- that's what the blogosphere is all about.