We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
We got tagged in the latest dumb blog game by our buddy Sensible Mom, and our shy editor Bird Dog got me out of my sickbed to request that I respond, to represent Maggie's Farm. OK - five personal things about me that you probably don't know and don't care to know:
1. I have bad luck with girls but I keep trying. 2. I have already blown half of my New Year's resolutions. 3. My favorite foods are clams and oysters on the half-shell, with beer. Also, stuffed clams. I hate shrimp. 4. I do not own a suit. 5. My favorite gun is my Belgian Browning 12 ga. O/U.
Now I have to tag some folks. But who? Man, is this stupid.
2) Some of us have eliglible girls, but you're gonna hafta give us more, like you could learn to like shrimp, too, and intend to do target practice once a week to stay in practice for protecting our female progeny---
3) Swear you'll do your part to have g-children with necks and personality.
1. I had bad luck with girls, got lucky, got married, and stopped trying.
2. I've learned not to make New Year's resolutions.
3. My favorite foods are razor clams and oysters on the half-shell. With beer is good, without is OK, too.
4. I own maybe ten suits, but I don't know how many fit. See #2 above.
5. My favorite gun is the one I'll buy next.
Sorry that I put you on the spot, News Junkie. I know the game is silly and feels like those annoying chain letters I get from friends that I always delete. That's why I hoped my e-mail indicated to have fun if you wanted to participate.
And no I'm not one of those go-along to get-along types Sisu referred to above since I don't normally play these games of tag.
1. Sensible: Sorry about that. No prob. I just wasn't in the mood to play.
2. The Oyster Bar: Yes. It's the best. And the oyster stew makes you feel like you're in heaven - and the cream in it will get you to heaven quicker.
3. Trying is lying. Never heard that. Ain't it the truth? Or, as Yoda says, Do, or don't do. There is no "try".
No one asked but that's not stopping me....
1. I like eggs benedict for brunch with champagne
2. I like filet mignon with wine for dinner
3. I rarely get either
4. In college I had a 1965 Corvette Sting Ray convertible.
5. I own many guns and am good with them all
6. My grandfather played professional baseball in the 20's and 30's
7. I am getting older
No one asked me either but I'll have a go.
1. I know how to play cribbage.
2. I can drive a forklift.
3. I knew quite a few folks who went to Woodstock. (talking bout my generation) Most of them did not amount to much. /s
4. My best friend could hang by her toes.
5. I was a skinny kid but I could beat all the boys at leg wrestling.