We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
Maggie's has been having fun with Boats, Trains, and Planes posts lately. Also, with Scott Adams who always has fresh, brainy, and provocative perspectives. Our website goes through phases, various enthusiasms. It's good that way. We can do whatever we want to do.
Fun ideas from Scott today:
- Gen 4 nuclear power is the only option for everything. Why are people anti-science?
- President Trump’s Tweet about impeachment when the OTHER SIDE committed the crimes, colluded with Russia, and attempted to overthrow the government
- We are living in the best time ever in human history. We have the best of everything right now. Only the media tries to bring us down to sell us their ads or, in the case of NPR, to sell us their frowns about everything.
- So, a cool idea for happiness: Go on a news diet. No newspapers, no tv news. Most news is wrong. Your life will be the same, or better because life is good these days.
- The desire for "fairness" in life is infantile kindergarten thinking. The most anybody can wish for is rules that apply to everybody. The whole point of competition is unfairness in ability. He likes trannies playing on girls' teams.
I’ve said for at least thirty years that nuclear power is the only “clean“ source of energy that is technically and economically feasible. If we had proceeded on this path (and we had a reactor that was intrinsically safe from meltdown, blowdown, and loss of heat sink in the seventies—“gen 4” qualities all) we’d have half the carbon emissions, cheap electricity, undammed rivers, no strip mines, etc. by now.