We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
The Press is attempting to assassinate the President, but not for the reasons that most people would think. The left's hatred for Trump has nothing to do with his love life.
Trump's first political crime is that of being a man. In the 2016 election, the left had all but declared victory with Hillary Clinton; when (for them) defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. Of course they were sorry to see a woman lose, but they were even more sorry to see an interruption of their long-term agenda.
The largest group who hates Trump is the Federal Bureaucracy. They have spent decades consolidating their power until it has reached the point where no one can get fired. Ever. The Pentagon is now so brazen that they openly countermand his orders.
The long-term plan of these groups is to make human identity an anachronism. In the future, no one will have just "one" identity; therefore no one will ever get fired. And no one will be turned down for a heart transplant, or welfare, or child support. They intend to accomplish this through the medical/ industrial/military complex. The medical establishment will monitor everyone's health, and thoughts, and will report any double-plus ungood heartbeats to the authorities. The industrial establishment, through copyright and patents, will squash dissent, and the military establishment will advance its agenda of making America a Chinese/African/Hispanic nightmare.
Of course, I don't have all the answers to this, but at the very least, here is what I would do:
1. Inform the Joint Chiefs of Staff that they no longer meet at the Pentagon. From now on, they meet daily at the White House.
2. Place a 2% property tax on stocks and bonds.
3. Declare HIV a national emergency; and test everyone.
4. End all Unions. (Economists Richard Vedder and Lowell Gallaway of Ohio University calculated that labor unions have cost the American economy a whopping $50 trillion over the past 50 years alone.)
5. Prepare for war with China. I don't know if you want to call it the white man's burden; or American exceptionalism, but the truth is that the U.S. is going to lead the way when it comes to saving the world's oceans and the rain-forests. There is no other choice.
6. Round-up and deport all Africans, Asians, and Hispanics that can't correctly answer the following question: If there were a war between Mexico and the United States, which side would you be on?