We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
1. If the anonymous "senior staffer" in the NYT is real, he (or she) is a snake and should be fired.
2. If Trump was crazy and therefore unfit to be president because he is paranoid, shouldn't this absolve him since it shows there are people in the WH who are acting to thwart his intentions.
3. The main thrust of the "senior staffer" is style and policy differences. For example he wishes Senator McCain were still around to restore honor to public life (the guy who called his wife a "c*nt"; who asked the IRS to hassle a conservative grass roots movement; who passed on the "Steele Dossier"; who did not invite his running mate to his funeral; who divorced his first wife when he got back from Vietnam because she was involved in a disfiguring auto accident; who rather than retire when he was too sick to perform his Senatorial duties, chose to stay out to spite Trump; who promised to vote to repeal Obamacare but (also to spite Trump) reneged on that promise). I think that's all you need to know about what is important to him (or her).
4. Re: Exit question in the article - It would be very appropriate to want the name of a seditious employee who may be leaking sensitive information and could possibly be a security risk. I wouldn't expect the NYT to give it to him, though.
5. If there are "dozens and dozens" of people in the administration who are "resisting" his efforts, can you only imagine how much better things would be if Trump didn't have that headwind?
6. The author assumes the NYT is being honest.
The Gray Lady is fast losing both her hair and her reputation for being the newspaper "of record". How embarrassing that the editorial board would print such an op-ed. But then again, that editorial board has a new addition lacking any credentials, but confirming a solid reputation as a potty mouth.
He whose name we will not mention must be managing the business from his grave. Talk about crash and burn? How pitiful.
Hubby is long time DeptState (retired) - thinks this is NSC or State employee who is globalist anti-realist foreign policy geek due to similarity to criticisms of Kissinger policy long ago. These folks have been at this a long time, thru many administrations, and are stuck on stupid; they love Hilary because their rice bowls were in no danger. Remember how the Russia specialists hated Reagan for the fall of the Soviets?
And Trump cannot even call in the FBI to find these criminals as many FBI people are the same criminals.
What to do?
Fire everyone all the way down Trump's chain of command excluding people like secretaries with no executive role or power. But everyone else must go. Then find a new James Jesus Angleton to keep tabs on the new hires.
Who's surprised that there are people from the Deep State Bureaucracy who are unprofessional, sneaky, and underhanded?
It's not just bureaucrats. There are Walter Mittys in every walk of life with hero fantasies. Self annointed, of course. Sad.
I don't know how or when our "elites" became so subpar, but it's a given that the future and well being of everyday working Americans is the last thing on their agendas.
Just another tool for Trump, revealing the real face of an entrenched, unaccountable, unelected bureaucracy.
I really despise the anonymous writer of poison pen letters.
Yawn. Look over there, it’s another “look at me, I’m with #TheResistance” vanity virtue-signaling bullshit piece. Proving nothing more than this: the swamp needs draining. They are quite proud of themselves for actively and publicly flipping off the citizens of this country, and at the same time establishing grounds for investigations into various crimes under the “sedition and treason” tag. If we had a DOJ we could trust to uphold the law, that is.
Well done, dipshits. We need trials and prison sentences, and we need them yesterday.