We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
They don't need to work at it since the media and our Politicians feel obliged to do that for them. While at the same time smearing Christianity with every miscreant who has ever had even the most tenuous relationship to the faith.
If ISIS is not Islamic then The pedophile priest are not Catholic.
It is difficult to construct a stupider, less meaningful, useless, irrelevant question. I begin with the vacuous premise that "Muslims of the world" is a thing that exists, that exists to the extent that it can be convinced or that it is anyone's responsibility to do any convincing. Gibberish is not argument, it is gibberish.
The point behind the comment is significant. Failing to understand and appreciate what Goldberg said is the difference between winning and losing. 95% of muslims do not and will not speak up about what is going on in the muslim world. They won't openly criticize it and they won't openly support it. But make no mistake privately and amongst themselves they support radical islam. The other 5% openly advocate radical islam. The do not want to coexist, they want to gain advantage and dominate. Make no mistake Islam is as much a political philosophy and movement as it is a religion and as such it was designed to overwhelm and replace everything else. There can be no compromise. We can watch as islam takes over Europe and once they are powerful enough they will kill and enslave their non-muslim hosts. Our 20th century history has set up the West for this perfect storm. After a century of fighting against religious and racial bigotry we have developed a politically correct philosophy which leaves us defenseless against a subtle relentless attack by an aggressive enemy disguised as a religion. Europe will lose this war and the U.S. will follow in their footsteps. Even as the truth becomes obvious to any intelligent person our "tolerent" upbringing and the fear of the sting of being called bigots and worse will paralyze us. Good liberals and those who want to be thought of as good and tolerant people will refuse to accept what Jonah Goldberg has said. And yet what he said was way to mild and entirely inadequate to express the monster that is islam.
If Goldberg had a point to make, he should have made it. As you said, "what he said was way to mild and entirely inadequate to express the monster that is islam". I agree with you. It was entirely inadequate - period. Yes, maybe he was trying to express something along the lines of your, more cogent, argument. Maybe. But my point is fair, it is the writer's responsibility to write clearly and Goldberg did not.