We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
Who, if anyone, is running the White House? Someone is asleep at the switch. Who is running PR? Who is running the "War Room"? From this side of the news, it looks like nobody - or everyone has been on vacation. Time for a staff change - quick. Since the election, there has been no even half-decent political management down there. Wake up, people!
I agree the political forces in the White house are in disarray. I also agree its time for big staff changes. My humble suggestions, in priority order, are:
1) Ditch Karl Rove -- his political advice and policies on open borders/mass amnesty are a disaster for the country (can you say really big bang!), and are placing conservative Congressmen on the defensive in indefensible positions on national security and the rule of law. And, if the Dems are smart enough to hide their true feelings and policies they could make significant inroads by proposing border security.
2) Its time for a new Press Secretary, some truths are self evident, and enough said on that.
3) New domestic policy/economics advisors are needed. How can this Administration be bigger spenders than the Clinton Administration?
4) A new National Security Advisor -- things like the Dubai port deal should never come up to embarrass the President. Makes one wonder what advice he is getting on Iran, North Korea, China, Russia, ...
5) A new Sec. of Dept. Homeland Security. Sec. Chertoff won’t always have a Brownie to blame or a Dubai port deal to duck. The incompetence and politically hacks in DHS are a cancer on this Presidency. Homeland security should involve sky, sea, and land. Land is now missing.
This would be a good start. The CIA is dysfunctional and needs top to bottom cleaning. Good luck to Porter Goss.