We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
I was proud of my kids, while still in high school and college, years ago, realizing how increasing the minimum wage would increase the price of things they wanted, and make already scarce jobs harder to obtain.
When are blacks going to realize that the Democrats will throw them under the bus, preferring to court Hispanics where there are more votes to buy?
This article from The Root (owned by the Washington Post) shortly after the election makes it clear. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/therootdc/post/president-obama-an-open-letter-from-black-america/2012/11/08/800ac31e-29b3-11e2-b4e0-346287b7e56c_blog.html.
In the article the writer essentially asks "where's mine"? The answers he claims to have gotten are interesting: basically "COME ON - there are black gays, black women, black Hispanics" - essentially, you've gotten your reward for supporting Obama, it's just buried in these other groups.
Why would the Democrat court black votes? They already get 98% of black votes and sincerely believe the other 2% are crazy.
What most people do not understand is on the day a bill passes or the president "deems" it to be the case and the illegals are given a path to citizenship oterwise known as amnesty that all 12 million of them will legally be able to apply for any job they want and any benefits they want. It won't be, as some claim, a long road to full citizenship with requirements and background checks. Ask yourself why any employer would hire your sons and daughters when they can hire a legal illegal alien for less money? It isn't just the blacks who will lose jobs to these new citizens it is the young, the poor and those in the middle class. These new citizens will no longer have to toil in the fields because that was all that was available to them, they will be able to take your job. And an entire new race pimping industry will spring up around them demanding a percentage of every job and every opportunity. And since no effort will be made to assimilate them we will become a two language country and you will have to learn Spanish.
I totally agree with that. I would myself hire someone for less money if they can do the work. My point was that the unintended consequences are not being considered and one of those consequences was alluded to in the article and that is black youth suffer from high unemployment rates and amnesty will make that worse. is it the intent of this administration to create a worse situation in the inner cities? To what end? Will this decision be good for American citizens or be very bad? Again, to what end?