We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
Tom Kratman wrote a novel set in Europe a century from now call "Caliphate". Fun sci-fi stuff but very dark look at the very likely future of Europe.
There are only 3 possible futures for Europe (in order of likelihood):
1. Dhiminitude and slavery at the hands of Muslims.
2. Europeans remember who they are and go old school on the Muslims - camps, deportation, liquidation.
3. Muslims assimilate to western culture and become good secular citizens (HA! - wishful thinking).
1. To make up for our lack of births and upside down government ponzi schemes, we import our cheap labor from Mexico, not North Africa and the Middle East. I would rather we slowed the flow of immigrants but I'll take Catholics over Muslims. Mexicans have been integrating into American society for centuries now. Muslims have not integrated well in large numbers anywhere., ever.
2. When European countries fall to Islam, it will be our wake up call. Maybe then we'll elect leaders with a pair.