We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
In my area, this has to be one of the coolest Junes ever. We should be 85-90 degrees every day and we seem to be lucky to hit 75, with lots of days in the 60s. Crops need heat to grow. They don't do well when it is less than 80 out. I think that this will just be dismissed as 'weather'. OTOH if instead of running 15-20 degrees below normal, we were running 15-20 degrees above normal, it would be proof positive of apocolyptic global warming, requiring draconian action from Government. I fear for the longer term if the lack of sunspots is the cause, and if we have entered a solar minimum.
May was exceptionally cool here, as was April, and March.
Of course the weather service reported each of them as being unseasonably warm due to "global warming" despite having had to report low temperatures every day of the month.
They can do that because they have artificially lowered the long-year temperature averages so they're always lower than the actuals.
There's a story on the Web this morning that Chicago is having unusually cool weather this spring/summer. Average temps in the high fifties for May [coldest since they started keeping records]. Citizens of Chicago and Milwaukee [ninety miles north of Chicago] are preparing a giant mound of spitballs and leftover snow to throw at any hopey/changey/global/warmie person who dares to come to their town. I'll be sending a care package of further ammunition to them later this week.
The islamic King has declared war on Carbon dioxide...He will pit this nations' 5% of the world's population against the other 95% who don't care or are smart enough to understand that humans only impact less than one percent of total carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Good stuff...As we turn our back on nuclear power, coal and oil in favor of utopian dreams of solar and wind power the developing world is racing to secure energy for the future....By all means necessary to borrow a phrase from Malcolm X...Lack of a cogent energy policy will bankrupt the American dream while China and India take our place as leaders in the new new world...Get ready to pay three to four times as much for electric, heating oil, and gasoline...Thank an Obams supporter while you are at it...