We are a commune of inquiring, skeptical, politically centrist, capitalist, anglophile, traditionalist New England Yankee humans, humanoids, and animals with many interests beyond and above politics. Each of us has had a high-school education (or GED), but all had ADD so didn't pay attention very well, especially the dogs. Each one of us does "try my best to be just like I am," and none of us enjoys working for others, including for Maggie, from whom we receive neither a nickel nor a dime. Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that we ask for.
Not good for Hillary. Even if her cough is nothing serious. It looks bad now.
She should've done the following:
1) Admitted that her cough is related to her thyroid problem, that we all know she has. And talk about how annoying that is and just a mild side affect of that condition. Lots of people have thyroid issues, and it's not life-threatening. Would get her some sympathy points and some honesty points.
2) If the cough is truly related to 'seasonal allergies' that seem to bother her year round even in dead of winter (?), why not say that right off the bat on the stage before you started coughing: "Bear with me, my allergies are acting up, and I've had a bit of a cough. Hopefully, it won't be too much of a bother."
Either one would have been a better response. Instead, she appears to be covering up a health problem and making up a story that isn't believeable except to die-hard fans.
Also wanted to make a comment on the Native American story. This is what I learned after working for a Native-American owned firm...from the OWNER'S own words:
1) The tribal system is corrupt. Every time they vote in a new 'chief, he or she dumps all the people on the tribal council and puts in his/her own cronies. They use the power to enrich themselves, etc. Then, the next election comes up, the people vote out the corrupt chief, and the next corrupt chief takes his place.
2) The BIA is also corrupt and does very little to actually help those it was set up to help.
3) To get a contract on an Indian reservation, you sometimes must resort to bribery.
4) The reservation system is hurting these people horribly. Unless we are willing to actually get rid of the corruption, tell it like it is, and fix it from the ground up, nothing will change.
It might seem wild if your efforts to stifle criticism of the governing elites is blocked by the many alternate sites like Drudge (or this one, even). But other than that, turing over control of the internet to the Europeans is an incredibly stupid idea. They gave us WWI and WWII and the European Union, which is now crumbling.