I'm going to place these two videos below the fold because they contain language, violence and themes which might be upsetting to innocent young girls, liberals, and small children.
(This was written a few years ago at the height of the "torture debate")
It is perhaps the greatest, and saddest, irony of our time that we cheer our heroes on the big screen when they play the no-holds-barred tough guy torturing the bad guy to get the vital information, then, when it satisfies a political purpose in redefining "torture", we oppose it in a time of war when we need this attitude the most.
The bad guy’s in custody. He’s got vital information. You know he has it and you need to get it in order to save countless lives. But the bleeding heart liberals have passed so many laws protecting criminal suspects that if you even look cross-eyed at the guy you might face a reprimand, a fine, suspension, termination, criminal charges for your hate crime and be hit with a civil lawsuit for the emotional damage your callous actions have caused.
Unless, of course, you’re Arnie.
But wait! Now the bad guy’s not just some common hood — he’s a CIA station chief!
So, let’s see. Extracting the valuable, timely information in order to save countless lives would entail:
• Waiting 25 years for the Freedom of Information Act to release the station chief’s name so you could get the legal paperwork started.
• Wait 10 years for it to get to Federal court.
• Wait 10 years as additional ’stays’ are filed by opposing council.
• Have motion denied by judge.
• Wait 10 years for appeal to be heard.
• Judge grants your motion, the station chief’s great-grandson takes the stand and releases the information on the bad guy: who he was, where he was, and when he was going to set off the nuclear device in what was once known as New York City, now just a long-abandoned crater of radioactive decay.
And that’s the route you have to take to get the vital info.
Unless, of course, you’re Steven Seagal.